Love Him or Hate Him, Peter Zeihan; Demographics Part 1: Understanding the Basics
This is a multi part series done by Peter Zeihan, A Demographer who is very outspoken on his world view, which can be summed up in one of his catch phrases,
this is a paraphrase ” On the farm children are extra hands for chores, but in the city children are a serious expense, so much so, urban families tend to only have 1 to 2 children.”
mathematically 1 to 2 children is below the minimum population sustainment level of 2.1 children per family for any society.
Accordingly, people either like or hate Peter, and usually because he makes his haters question their political or philosophical positions on the topic and question their long term out look for the next 2 decades. All because Peter essentially believes the world we have known since the end of World War two or the last 71 years will disappear over the next 2 decades, merely due to old age.
And this applies to any society you can name, think about that.
sniglets to think about;
- in 2020 China admits it undercounted by 100,000,000 people in its census over the last decade.
- in late 2022 China announces its population shrank by 850,000.
- IF, peter is correct, Globalism is dead and regionalism will return.
According to Peter:
- “At its core, my work weaves together the heavy trends of geopolitics and demographics into a tapestry that can be viewed from any number of directions.”
- “Most folks in spaces political, economic or strategic tend to gloss over demography.”
- “Much to their detriment in my opinion.”
Follow Peter Here:
Full Newsletter: https://mailchi.mp/zeihan/demographic…
Where to find more?
Subscribe to the Newsletter: https://bit.ly/3NyQu4l
Subscribe to the YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/3Ny9UXb
Zeihan on Geopolitics website: https://zeihan.com/
Where to find him on Social Media?